All New Mexicans will have quality affordable housing opportunities.
In 1975 the New Mexico state legislature created the New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority, a public body politic and corporate, separate and apart from the state, constituting a governmental instrumentality, with the power to raise funds from private investors in order to make such private funds available to finance the acquisition, construction, rehabilitation and improvement of residential housing for persons and families of low- and moderate-income within the state.
Provide innovative products, education and services in collaboration with strategic partners to finance the purchase, construction and preservation of quality affordable housing to strengthen the social and economic development of New Mexico.
MFA Core Values
- Hire the best qualified employees representing the diversity of the state, pay them competitively, treat them fairly and provide opportunities for advancement.
- Provide prompt, courteous, quality service.
- Foster a dynamic professional environment of excellence that supports a high level of integrity, transparency, collaboration and commitment to mission.
- Allocate resources to serve those with the greatest need while promoting partnerships to maximize housing opportunities.
- Practice cost-effective operations and prudent fiscal management.
- Promote sustainable growth, innovation and environmentally conscious practices.